Sunday, April 25, 2010

One Week Away

So the Pittsburgh Half Marathon is one week away. Husband asked me if I was nervous this morning and (for now) I'm not. The first half marathon I did last fall was to finish and I really wasn't sure if I was going to see the finish line. The difference in how I feel between then and now is vastly different. Last fall, my legs were aching, and was only able to hit double digit runs 3 times, 11 miles being my farthest run. This time around, i've hit double digit runs countless times while incorporating tempo runs, intervals, and some hill work. I feel like I'm really ready, and I really want to hit my goal, which is finishing under 2:10. My first half was 2:27, which sounds like I'm being overly ambitious (seriously, I want a 17-20 minute PR), but I know I can push it.

Pittsburgh does have me nervous in that this will be my biggest race, people wise. 16,000 people will be there. My biggest race has so far been 2000 people. I'm nervous about parking and getting out of there. I do have the tendency to get migraines after really exerting myself, which means I get nausea with vomiting (non stop) , my vision goes, and I get confused, which is really scary. The last thing I need is to get confused while trying to navigate the maze of Pittsburgh. Those are basically my biggest fears for this next half. If I don't reach my goal, well, there will be other races, so I'm just not nervous about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment