Friday, August 13, 2010

Here It Comes!

So, I'm starting to get out of the mamby-pamby part of my training schedule. Last week was my last single digit LSD run. I won't see any of those (hopefully, fingers crossed) until the week before the actual race.

I do have some HUGE updates, and I'm not sure how I'm going to write about this all in one post, but here goes....

1. I ordered a Garmin Forerunner 205 today. It's my birthday present and I'm SOO excited! No more mapmyrun.com or driving my course in my car to get the mileage, among the many other things that this will tell me about my running.

2. Um, how about ZERO IT Band pain?? None! I'm still wearing my brace, but I think it's a crutch. I've been running hills and everything. YES!

3. I went to a running clinic last night, put on by my local running store and it was awesome. I found out that I am heel striking (no shock there) and that I move my arms WAY too much. I also need to work on my cadence and my forward lean. I have a lot to work and I hope to get it right someday.


I have 12 miles for my LSD tomorrow and it's going to be humid, so I hope to get it done. Again, crossing my fingers. Then Husband and I working on renovating our bathroom. Yikes! This has been one exhausting summer, but hey, this is living. Sitting on the couch and watching TV is SOO 2005.

No comments:

Post a Comment