Friday, July 30, 2010

It's Official!

I signed up for the Marshall University Marathon today during my lunch break at work. Eek! I don't know if I want to vomit or just go ahead and let my heart explode out of my chest. I told Hubs that I registered and he said that I actually paid for this torture, which is funny since Hal Higdon has a chapter in his book dedicated to that thinking.

I'm pretty scared, excited, nervous, thrilled, and anxious! I've got about 13 more weeks to go in my training and anything could happen between now and then. For now, I'm sticking to my training, playing it smart, and if I have to walk to the finish line, then so be it and move on. ;)

My running has been going extremely well these last few weeks. I've been getting used to the heat and my feet have been feeling pretty light. I've gotten some sub 30 minute 3 mile runs in and my average pace has been in the 10ish minute mile. This time last year, it was a 11 minute mile that I had to really work at to maintain. My IT band has finally stopped hurting and I've been running hills the last two weeks with no problem.

Wahoo!! Huntington, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment