Monday, July 19, 2010

Hot Stuff Coming Through!

I went down to the trail after work today and headed out for 3 miles. It was about 86* with humidity when I started, but after I warmed up, I didn't mind the heat as much. Could it be? Could I be assimilated?? Maybe I'm getting there. After the first 1/2 mile, I picked up the pace. It felt SOO good to release my legs, they've been wanted to go fast (Valerie fast, that is) and I felt confident enough to let them go. Breathing the warm air was a little tough, but not too bad. Everything feel into place and I ended up finished right under 29 minutes, even with a slower 1/2 warmup. I was so stoked at the end of my run, my only regret is that it wasn't longer than 3 miles. I'm feeling pretty confident about the marathon running this week. I want to head out for my LSD, just to see how my legs handle a 9 mile run.

Oh, my legs felt great! YAY! My Nike Free's rock, I've started to wear them more and more, which is awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment